The Barbara Hickey
2020 Cobb Diaper Day
Make a difference in our community.
- Declare a day in September to collect diapers and donate from your employees, organization members or friends, or hold a diaper drive in your neighborhood.
- Due to the impact of COVID-19, we will NOT be hosting a collection and distribution date on the Marietta Square as in years past, however, our community needs your support:
- Donate to the Cobb Children's Fund for our committee to purchase diapers.
- Order from Amazon and they will be directly shipped for distribution.
- Contact Jenniferjlynch@gmail.com to arrange for pick-up.
Support the 2020 Cobb Diaper Day VIRTUALLY throughout September. Donations are due by September 30.
Local agencies, such as the Cobb Douglas Public Health, Communities in Schools in Georgia Marietta/Cobb County, liveSAFE Resources, MUST Ministries, Ser Familia, Simple Needs Georgia, Sweetwater Mission, and organizations distributing food through Cobb Food Fleet are supporting families in critical need.
Low-income families often have the daily stress of choosing between food and diapers. Prolonged wearing of a wet diaper causes diaper rash and a crying baby leads to more stress in the home.
Since 2009, The Barbara Hickey Cobb Children's Fund has devoted its energy to passionately advocating for low-income families and children in need in our community. Contribute through donations and support!
Throughout September, help us reach the goal of collecting more than 100,000 diapers for low-income families with infants and young children.We are collecting all sizes of diapers!
those in need
In these tough economic times, low-income families face the facts that:
Food stamps do not include hygiene products such as diapers.
On average, the cost to purchase diapers is approximately $100/month.
Day care centers require parents to provide their own diapers.